Site Reliability Engineer (f/m/d)
We are looking for YOU as a Site Reliability Engineer (f/m/d) in the division of Product Engineering.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) (f/m/d) you are part of the SRE Chapter and you build and continuously maintain the technical foundation of a startup:
- As an SRE you provide the infrastructural services of the Engineering team, by designing the technical architecture in terms of networking, computing / storage resources but also security actions.
- You help the Principal SRE to implement a “best-in-class" Cloud Infrastructure.
- Moreover, you are not satisfied with just implementing the Cloud infrastructure but you “go the extra mile” of automating its provisioning in such a way so that most things work "in the click of a button".
- You support the SREs in their mission as Quality-Keepers of the software development workflows by defining quality KPIs, which measure the reliability, testability and availability of the vent.io software products.
- You review the enforced security guidelines and products according to the defined best practices in a systematic way and report possible deviations to the Principal SRE and CTO.
- You continuously develop and maintain the various DevOps tools of the organization.
- You take active part in the discussions with the Software- / Data- Engineers and Data Scientists, in order to understand their needs but also to transport your ideas around the DevOps way of working.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Informatics or another quantitative field.
- Very good knowledge in operations and monitoring of application and cloud services.
- Proven track record in the automation of infrastructure services with Infrastructure as a Code Tools like Terraform.
- Experience in at least two technologies from our Tech-Stack: Java, Python, Anaconda, React, Apache Spark, WebServers, SQL-Databases, Github, Linux.
- A thorough understanding of Software-Development-Quality processes and IT-security.
- A good working knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Desirable are first experiences in the operations of cloud-native applications and cloud services (Azure).
- You have good analytical skills and you can split a complex problem down to its individual parts
- Team work is not alien to you and you like working together with highly-skilled engineers and scientists.
- You implement new ideas independently and show perseverance when it comes to defending agreed concepts.
- Your communication skills allow you to conduct knowledge transfer of complicated technical topics in an easy manner to other audiences.
- You bring perseverance and constructive assertiveness.
- You can speak English fluently and ideally have basic conversations in German.
THIS IS WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working conditions in our new office in Frankfurt am Main/Westend and remote work.
- A very competitive salary and benefits
- 30 days of vacation per year.
- Meal and health allowances.
- Private pension scheme.
- Substitution of the public transportation costs.
- Support of your personal further development through seminars and/or external courses.
- A very dynamic and young team, which you can enrich with your own expertise and mindset.
- Room for taking responsibility and career development opportunities.
- Start-up Flair backed by the financial stability of the Sparkasse Financial Group.