Senior Data Engineer (f/m/d)
We are looking for YOU as Senior Data Engineer (f/m/d) in the division of Product Engineering.
As a Senior Data Engineer (f/m/d) you are part of the Data Science Stream within vent.io and drive the data science models towards production. Besides that, you act as the architect for all technical matters around data science activities and you lead the development of the analytics platform of vent.io:
- Together with the other senior members of the team, you design the software architecture of the analytics platform
- You make sure that the vent.io architectural principles defined at the executive and strategic level are respected in the architecture and in the code
- You actively code features for data science models and you coach and mentor other data engineers on best practices
- You conduct peer reviews and point out inefficiencies and anti-patterns so that the code quality is ensured
- You take ownership of the End-to-End development of a digital data product from design over development to packaging and rollout
- You actively shape the software development frameworks, processes and toolsets of the company
- You define the test strategy (unit, end-to-end and stress tests) of the data engineering activities and ensure that it is followed
- You keep an eye on the defined quality standards and ensure that the delivered code abides by those by continuously monitoring the SLIs defined by the SRE team
- You assist the CTO during workshops, design sessions and stakeholder meetings
- You are enthusiastic about participating in meetup and external conferences for disseminating the successes of the team
- Graduate degree in computer science, engineering, informatics or another quantitative field
- At least 5 years of experience as Software Engineer with a strong focus on data related topics or as Data Engineer in an innovative enterprise or fast changing professional environment
- You are proficient in Python and have a good command of the PySpark API
- You have first experiences with frameworks like Django and Flask
- You can think in a distributed way and code according to the principles of the Map-Reduce design pattern
- You understand the tradeoffs of distributed architectures and you find it easy to think “parallel” when you code
- You do not find it hard to intuitively choose the appropriate architecture and framework for the challenge at hand by respecting the business requirements
- You have come across tasks for consuming or even designing and implementing modern APIs and you understand that an API is far more than just a technical concept
- A very good theoretical but also practical knowledge of the fundamentals of computer science like algorithms, time complexity and data structures but also distributed systems, design patterns, API maturity levels, databases, eventual consistency, state management and DevOps processes
- You have a good command of Git code versioning system and you understand the benefits of the DevOps mentality even for Data Science activities (ML-Ops)
- Experience with running systems and implementing non-functional requirements in the early phases of a product
- First experience in cloud-native development, ideally with Azure
- You have good analytical skills and you can split a complex problem down to its individual parts
- Team work is not alien to you and you enjoy working together with highly-skilled engineers and scientists
- You speak English and German fluently
THIS IS WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working conditions in our new office in Frankfurt am Main/Westend and remote work.
- A very competitive salary and benefits
- 30 days of vacation per year.
- Meal and health allowances.
- Private pension scheme.
- Substitution of the public transportation costs.
- Support of your personal further development through seminars and/or external courses.
- A very dynamic and young team, which you can enrich with your own expertise and mindset.
- Room for taking responsibility and career development opportunities.
- Start-up Flair backed by the financial stability of the Sparkasse Financial Group.